What are Plasma Pens?
Plasma Pens are devices that uses a combination of heat and energy to create a small electrical arc that targets the skin's surface. This arc causes the skin to tighten and compress, promoting the production of collagen and lessening the visibility of wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin. Plasma Pens can also be used to remove age spots, skin tags, and other imperfections, making them a popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment.
How Do Plasma Pens Work?
Plasma Pens work by creating a small electrical arc that jumps between the tip of the pen and the skin's surface. This arc ionizes the air, creating a tiny plasma charge that heats and targets the skin cells. The plasma's heat induces the contraction of skin cells, which stimulates the production of collagen and tightens the skin.
Because Plasma Pens only target the skin's surface, they are much less invasive than traditional cosmetic treatments like surgery or injections. Additionally, there is no required recovery time, and the treatment takes only a few minutes to complete.
The Benefits of Using Plasma Pens
Plasma Pens provide numerous advantages for those trying to enhance the appearance of their skin. Here are just a few of the reasons why Plasma Pens are becoming an increasingly popular cosmetic treatment:
- Non-invasive - Unlike surgical treatments, Plasma Pens are non-invasive, meaning there are no incisions or injections required. This makes them an excellent choice for people who want to enhance the appearance of their skin without undergoing surgery.
- Minimal Downtime - Because treatments are non-invasive, there is very little downtime required. Most patients can return to their normal activities immediately after the treatment.
- Versatile - Plasma Pens can be used to treat a wide range of skin imperfections, including wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin, age spots, and skin tags. This makes them a versatile option for anyone looking to improve their skin's appearance.
- Long-lasting Results - The results of a treatment can last for several years, making it a great investment in your skin's health and appearance.
- Safe and Effective - treatments are safe and effective when performed by a trained professional. Due to their noninvasive nature, complications and adverse effects are uncommon.
How to Find a Reputable Plasma Pen Treatment Provider
If you are intending to get a treatment, you should look for a reputable provider who is trained and experienced in carrying out the therapy. Here are a few tips for finding a qualified Plasma Pen Treatment Provider:
- Do Your Research - Before choosing a Plasma Pen Treatment Provider, do your research to ensure they are qualified and experienced in performing the treatment. Look for reviews from other patients and check their credentials to ensure they are trained and certified.
- Ask Questions - When you meet with a Plasma Pen Treatment Provider, ask questions about their experience, training, and the procedure itself. A knowledgeable provider should be able to address all of your concerns and make you feel at ease with the procedure.
- Look for a Clean and Professional Environment - When you visit a Plasma Pen Treatment Provider, take note of the environment. The facility should be clean, professional, and well-equipped with cutting-edge medical technology. It's advisable to find an alternative provider if the working environment appears unprofessional or unsanitary.
- Consider Price - While cost shouldn't be the only factor in choosing a Plasma Pen Treatment Provider, it's important to consider the price of the treatment. Be cautious of practitioners who offer ridiculously low prices, because this could indicate poor quality or a lack of expertise.
The Procedure With Plasma Pens
If you choose to undergo treatments, here is what you can anticipate during the procedure:
- Preparation - Before the treatment begins, your provider will clean the treatment area and apply a topical numbing cream to ensure your comfort.
- Treatment - Once the area is numb, your provider will use the device to create small, controlled electrical arcs on the surface of your skin. The treatment may cause minor tingling or burning sensations, but it should not be painful.
- Post-treatment Care - Following the treatment, your provider will educate you on how to properly care for your skin as it heals. You may notice some minor redness or swelling, but this should go away after a few days.
Who is a Good Candidate for Plasma Pen Treatment?
Treatments are usually effective and safe for the vast majority of people, however they won't necessarily be appropriate for everyone. Good candidates for Plasma Pen Treatment include:
- Individuals with mild to moderate skin laxity, fine lines, or wrinkles
- Individuals with age spots, skin tags, or other skin imperfections
- Individuals who want to improve the appearance of their skin without undergoing surgery or injections
- Individuals who are generally healthy and have realistic expectations for the outcome of the treatment.
If you have any underlying medical conditions or take medications that may interfere with the treatment, it's important to discuss this with your provider before undergoing a Plasma Pen Treatment.
Plasma Pens are a non-invasive, safe, and effective way to enhance the appearance of your skin. By creating controlled electrical arcs that stimulate collagen production and tighten the skin, they can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin, as well as remove age spots and skin tags. If you're planning to get a Plasma Pen Treatment, do your research and find a trustworthy provider who is experienced in carrying out the procedure.
Is the Plasma Pen Treatment painful?
While you may feel a mild tingling or burning sensation during the treatment, treatments should not be painful.
How long do results last from Plasma Pens?
The results of a Plasma Pen Treatment can last for several years, but may vary depending on the individual.
Are there any side effects to the Plasma Pen Treatment?
Most patients experience some mild redness or swelling after a Plasma Pen Treatment, but these side effects typically subside within a few days.
How long does a Plasma Pen Treatment take?
The duration of a treatment varies depending on the dimension and location of the region that's receiving treatment, but it usually takes about thirty minutes to an hour.
How many times do you need to get Plasma Pen Treatment to see results?
Most patients see results after just one treatment, but some may require multiple treatments for optimal results. Your provider will be able to advise you on how many treatments are needed based on your specific skin concerns.